Denver has a unique practice that spans multiple disciplines, including environmental, real estate, business, litigation, trusts and estates, and taxation. In his environmental and real estate practice, Denver advises clients regarding regulatory compliance and cost recovery actions under the Washington Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA), assists clients in complex multi-party sites involving cleanup actions arising under state law and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), works with clients to secure insurance coverage for environmental claims, assists with environmental due diligence, and negotiates and drafts settlement agreements, purchase and sale agreements, leases, and easements. In his business, litigation, trusts and estates, and taxation practice, Denver assists clients in forming, running, and protecting their businesses, drafts wills and trusts, and advises clients on a broad range of estate planning and probate issues, such as guardianship, powers of attorney, and tax advice with respect to the gift tax, estate tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
- Represents clients in the allocation of liability among private parties, municipalities, and other government entities at legacy sites involving historical contamination.
- Represents clients in the resolution of environmental claims and liabilities, negotiating enforcement orders, agreed orders, and consent decrees with federal and state regulators, and cash-outs and settlements agreements with potentially responsible parties.
- Represented landlord in a landlord-tenant dispute and successfully prevailed at trial, resulting in the tenant’s eviction.
Member, King County Bar Association (KCBA)
Member, Washington State Bar Association (WSBA)
Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Presenter, Roosevelt Irrigation District v. Salt River Project, et al. – A Case Study in Conflicts and Defenses to CERCLA Cost Recovery in a Complex, Mutli-Party Matter, KCBA Environmental & Land Use Section Meeting (2017).
- Presenter, When Probate Is Not Required, WSBA Real Property, Probate, and Trust Section CLE (2009).
Named to the 2020 and 2021 Best Lawyers in America list for Environmental Law
Rising Star®, Super Lawyers® and Washington Law & Politics magazine (2014–2017)
LL.M., University of Washington School of Law, Graduate Program in Taxation (2007)
J.D., summa cum laude, Seattle University School of Law (2006)
B.A., Whitman College (1998)
Denver grew up in the Puyallup area, where three generations of his family owned small businesses. As a child, he spent time with his parents and three siblings at Crystal Mountain during the winters and on Hood Canal during the summers. When not in the office, he enjoys reading, mountain biking, hiking, skiing, watching his daughters play sports, and spending time with his wife and pets.