Kevin is an experienced litigator focusing his practice on environmental cost recovery actions, construction claims disputes, and real estate litigation. Prior to joining Veris, Kevin litigated a wide variety of civil matters ranging from personal injury and breach of contract claims, to complex trade secret, probate, and bankruptcy disputes. Kevin assists clients through the process of claim analysis and development, pre-litigation negotiations, and if necessary, prosecuting or defending claims through mediation, arbitration, and/or trial. Kevin has successfully tried several bench and jury trials in both federal and state court.
- Represents a Fortune 500 company in environmental matters involving contaminated sites.
- Frequently assists client with environmental risk evaluation, advises client in negotiating remediation and settlement agreements, and serves as litigation counsel.
- Represents clients in large, multi-party Superfund allocations. Works closely with experts to position clients for a favorable resolution, whether through a non-judicial allocation process or litigation.
- Represented several families who had been defrauded in an insurance and investment scheme, in which the advisor fraudulently represented that certain investments were safe but in reality, were high risk and unsuitable for the clients. After a trial on the merits, a judgment was obtained against that advisor. The matter ultimately settled for nearly $3 million.
- Represented a client who suffered major abdominal and spinal injuries when the airbag of the vehicle failed to deploy as a result of a defective airbag suppression algorithm. The matter ultimately settled for a confidential amount.
- Represented a family whose home was burned down after fireworks were shot off by a number of bad actors into the family’s garage. The matter ultimately settled at mediation for a confidential amount.
- Successfully administered a complex probate matter where there was no will, a complex family history, and substantial assets.
- Represented a client in a complex employment dispute involving an employee who misappropriated confidential trade secrets and was hired by a direct competitor of the client.
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Admitted, Supreme Court of the State of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers® (2022)
J.D., Texas A&M School of Law (2015)
B.A., Texas A&M University (2012)
Kevin was born and raised in central Texas and spent the beginning of his legal career practicing in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. As a Seattle transplant, he enjoys spending time with his wife and dog getting to know the city and the Pacific Northwest. Kevin also spends his free time keeping up with Dallas sports teams, working out, and playing video games.