Alison focuses her practice primarily on environmental law, with an emphasis on regulatory issues associated with contaminated properties. Alison advises clients regarding regulatory compliance and cost recovery actions under the Washington Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) and the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), and works with clients to secure insurance coverage for environmental claims, conduct environmental due diligence, and negotiate and draft transactional documents such as leases, easements, access agreements, and remediation agreements. Alison also helps clients resolve claims asserted under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and the Clean Water Act (CWA), including claims relating to compliance with spill prevention, control and countermeasure (SPCC) rules and National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements. Alison has been recognized as a Rising Star® by Super Lawyers® and Washington Law & Politics magazine in 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Represents MDU Resources Group and MDU divisions and subsidiaries, including Cascade Natural Gas Corporation. Work includes negotiation and management of environmental issues at multiple historic manufactured gas plant facilities located across the northwest that are undergoing formal or voluntary cleanup action under federal and state laws, including under MTCA.
- Represents numerous developers and owners of contaminated properties throughout Washington. Work includes advising clients with respect to the environmental liabilities associated with these properties under MTCA, development of remedial strategies, providing assistance in obtaining regulatory closure from the Washington Department of Ecology, negotiation with regulators and potentially liable parties, and pursuit of cost recovery for remedial action costs under MTCA.
- Represents builders and industrial facilities in defense of violations asserted under the Clean Water Act.
- Member, Washington State Bar Association.
- Member, King County Bar Association.
- Admitted to Supreme Court of the State of Washington.
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Admitted to U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington.
- Selected as a Best Lawyer® in the area of Environmental Law (2023)
- Rising Star®, Washington Law & Politics (2014-2016).
J.D., University of Washington School of Law (2006).
B.A., with distinction, Whitman College (2001).
Alison grew up in southern California, but moved to Washington in 1997 to attend Whitman College. As new parents, she and her husband spend most of their free time raising their young children. Alison thoroughly enjoys everything that comes with parenthood as well has cultivating her garden and “hobby farm” in rural King County.